Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bon voyage, mes currencies!

Well, it's certainly been a while since I've been on here! Okay, so let's catch up:

Three weeks ago, Ashraf and I headed off to the basement to start our Collections rotation. We learned the basics of PastPerfect (with the gracious help of Jason), and started getting our grimy paws all over old documents and books. We also watched a movie with Ewan MacGregor, which was didactic and poorly acted - read: overall worthwhile to watch. Unfortunately, I did not get the gold star in trading that week, partially because I didn't stay current with forex news and mostly because I was preparing for . . .

CAMP. I realize that this blog is most definitely not the forum to discuss my experiences as a counselor at the Muscular Dystrophy Summer Camp, but let it suffice to say that I would be hard-pressed to pick which unpaid activity I did this summer that I liked better. The unfortunate part was that it took me away from the museum for a week and a half, a period during which every staff member forgot my name and distinctive features. Kidding, but still.

So this week, I made my valiant return to New York late Tuesday night, at 2 a.m. via Megabus (running two hours behind schedule, naturally). I arrived at the museum on Wednesday morning, bright eyed and bushy tailed (of course) and spent the day updating the museum's Flickr with photos of objects and exhibits, using some fancy HTML - but all of this took place AFTER visiting the Bloomberg building! Which is THE. COOLEST. EVER. Seriously. I probably wouldn't argue with them if they wanted to hire me . . . Mostly because my mouth would be full of the free food. We toured the building, learned about company dynamics (which are a little intrusive but totally chill) and had a short seminar on what Bloomberg is and basics on how to use the terminal. Overall, my first day back was great - eeeeven though I finished out the month with a loss of $2,261. I am definitely going to be a better intern and a better trader for this next contest.

Anyway, it's late and I'm off to bed to wake up and get ready for I mean, to blog about another exciting day at the MOAF!

No comments:

Post a Comment